Sunday, April 5, 2009

Uber Mom

Okay so as a new mom I have to admit, I envisioned myself as the gal who could do it all. Food would all be made from scratch, my child clean and dressed in coordinated baby clothes all the time, I'd never miss a beat on my yoga classes, pedicures or skin care. I had it all set. (don't we all start out with that dreamy vision?)
I'm coming to grips with the fact that things are a little different than originally anticipated...

Yesterday: Changing Tristan is a bit like wrangling a greased calf. It takes some bicep strength, speed and use all of the skills I have acquired in yoga over the years; flexibility, deep breathing and setting an intention before I start the task. That being said, when he took off mid-change yesterday, totally naked I didn't think much about it. Cute. He's cute naked. After laughing and informing Greg that he should get a glimpse of him while naked on his riding toy, I guess I missed something. The next thing I saw was Tristan enthusiastically dipping into the storage under the seat of his riding toy and tasting (followed by an mmmmmm!) whatever it was that had collected in the bottom. It took minute to realize that the carpet had wet spots and the seat was covered in puddles when it hit me that the storage under the seat was full of urine and Tristan was getting the full flavor profile right in front of me....

Today: Refreshed after a great night of sleep, a yoga class and a shower (not to go so far as to wash my hair of course - that is only every 2nd or 3rd day), I was feeling pretty on top of it when we headed to Nordstrom for a return. I had also grocery shopped, made a great loaf of bread and dinner was ready when we got home. Life was good. Upon returning from the mall, I suddenly felt a lump on the back side of my thigh. I was wearing one of the 2009 standard issue new-mom uniforms; tight trendy jeans and a hoodie. They were tight enough that this lump was quite obvious (why my husband didn't notice or tell me I don't want to go into here). After digging into the back of my jeans what do I find but a pair of underwear that although clean, didn't make it into the drawer with it's fellow mates...

Weekend almost being over I'm having a glass of wine and hoping my work this week is a bit more orderly...

No comments: