Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tristan: Day 10 and 2 Milestones


January 24, 2008
Tristan is now double digit days - it went so quickly!

Yesterday he hit two big milestones, as he broke 7lbs at his weight check, and his little cord finally fell of that night.

You might count the number he did on his daddy between 11:45pm - 2:30am as another event to remember, although Greg is trying to forget it as quickly as possible. We have had to introduce formula into his diet and it seems to be messing with his schedule a little bit, though he is still one cool dude.

Ticker has been wonderful with Tristan. He has been easy on us; understanding that our attention needs to be on this new addition rather than heavily on him as it used to be. He has in act adopted his own new set of responsibilities and keeps a constant, close eye on his little brother. He is very particular about who gets close to him and makes sure that he always serves as a buffer. It's very sweet.

I had several hours alone with Tristan today, and it was good practice. I'm totally comfortable with Tristan, but having a tough time figuring out how to deal with not being at work. This is my first time in 21 years that I haven't had a full time job to go to and it is very difficult to balance demands here and computer time. It will come though, I know it is a new challenge in my life that will help me grow and broaden my perspective of what it takes for many others to live a healthy and balanced life.

5 comments:

heather said...

I love the updates! He really is such a cute little guy and I love the picture with your dog staying right beside him. Glad to hear all is going well! Don't you feel so busy, but at the same time not really getting much accomplished during the day? :) I got showered and ready today! Wahoo!
XOXO

Karol said...

This is Karol, remember me? :)I'm glad Heather gave me your site. It'll be fun to keep up on old friends. Congratulations on your new little one -- he is darling!! Everyday can be a new adventure.

TerriB said...

Thanks for the update Tara. I love the pictures and video! You'll be an expert at balancing baby, work and everything else before you know it. Don't let it stress you girlie...I know you can do it and do it well. The first time I gave Kimberly formula I measured wrong and mixed it way too strong. The formula came right back out and across the room. I never did THAT again. Thank goodness babies are resilient. New Mom's and Dad's can be tough on the little fellows.
XOXO from Terri in Tampa

C said...

He is so precious and the picture of him in his swing with Ticker sleeping next to him is just adorable.

Unknown said...

No full time job??? Are you kidding me?! I believe you have just doubled your work hours... at least!

Two words for you: Gas Drops and Calmoseptine. I gave Ethan gas drops at every feeding (before and after) and it seemed to help with digestion. Calmoseptine is MAGIC diaper ointment for bad diaper rash. It is behind the pharmacy counter.

You guys are doing terrific! He is beautiful.
Lori, Kevin & Ethan
www.littlegrabiec.blogspot.com